Last Revised: March 15, 2019
Welcome to the website (“Site”) of Figure Technologies, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Figure,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). Figure offers a simple and transparent process that enables you to use your home equity to consolidate debt, pay for home improvements, or fund your goals.
Information We Collect
Personal Data You Voluntarily Provide Us
Personal Information. When you interact with our Services, apply for a financial product, contact us with inquiries or create an account to access the Services, we collect information you voluntarily give us that alone (e.g., your name, email address, social security number, date of birth, bank account and routing numbers, and marital status, household income, credit report data), or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”).
Other Information. In order to help us determine if you qualify for financial products or services, we may obtain credit reports from consumer credit reporting agencies. If required by law, we will provide notice and/or obtain your consent to do so. When you voluntarily provide it to us, we may also use the information you use to login to your accounts with your financial institutions (such as the username and password you use to access your bank’s website) so we can evaluate your transaction history to identify financial products and services that might interest you and evaluate your eligibility for our products and services.
Information We Receive Automatically from Your Use of the Site and App
When you visit, use and interact with the Site or App, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions that alone cannot identify you. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site-navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data. Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information. We collect information about how you use our Site and App, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
In operating the Services, we may use a technology called “cookies.” A cookie is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Services gives to your browser when you access the Services. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Services, including helping us analyze Services usage more accurately. For instance, our Site may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Site. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the Service features. In order to personalize your use of the Site, we use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to display content based upon what you view. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies (discussed above) because of the amount and type of information they generate, and how they store that information. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
When you visit the Site or view one of our emails, we will use pixel tags or “clear” gifs to track links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our Site and to personalize your experience. Pixel tags are a technology similar to cookies that can be embedded in online content or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites (for example, to know when content has been shown to you), or to know when you have viewed particular content or a particular email message.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personal Data and other information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Services and related customer service, including communicating with you as necessary in connection with your application for financial products and services;
- To market our products and services to you;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how users interact with our Services so we can provide, maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Services and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks;
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties;
- To conduct and publish market research, e.g., consumer surveys, polls, statistics etc;
- To publish user-generated content for use on our Site, social media, or other marketing platforms.
We may use your information to contact you in the future to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. If we do, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
We use web beacons to tell when a user is redirected to the Site because of an advertisement that we ran was clicked on or otherwise interacted with and to better target our advertisements (known as “retargeting”). Our service providers may track Site visitors across multiple websites and social media services to retarget Site visitors. Users logged in to social media programs may be tracked by service providers who track such users across multiple websites and who may disregard the privacy settings in your web browsers.
We may aggregate the information that we collect and use such aggregated data for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, third parties and business partners. This data may include location information derived from your IP address or, if authorized, from the GPS of your mobile device.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may share personal information with certain third parties without further notice to you unless required by law in the following circumstances:
Business Transfers. As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
Agents, Consultants, Vendors, and Service Providers. Like many businesses, we sometime hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
Legal Requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability. You can review our Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act Privacy Notice for more information here.
Information Access and Choice
- See what data you provided through the Services, if any.
- Change/correct any data you provided through the Services.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
California Privacy Rights
Links to Other Websites
You use the Services at your own risk. We use industry-standard precautions, including technical and administrative measures, to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us in connection with the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Services or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to us via the Internet.